About Me

My photo
I grew up in El Hoyo Simons, Montebello, Calfornia

Sunday, March 6, 2011

"The Rabbits"

Tales From The Simons Brickyard
By Frank "kiki" Baltazar

Everybody in Simons had some kind of animals, cows, goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, we had a goat, chickens and rabbits. My job was to get up early in the mornings and feed the critters. One Saturday my friend Beto’s brother, Kelly, got married, that night they had a big wedding party, Next morning, Sunday, I got up early to feed the critters, I fed the chickens, goat and when I got to the rabbits, the cages were empty, I went and woke Pops up.

“Pops, we don’t have rabbits anymore”

What happen mijo?”

“Don’t know Pops, but the cages are empty”

“I’ll find out” said Pops

He woke my older sister Rachel up.

“Rachel did you go to Kelly’s wedding party?”

"Yes", said Rachel

“Did they feed you?” asked Pops

“Yes” said Rachel again

“What did you eat" asked Pops

“Don’t know for sure, but it tasted like RABBIT” said Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment